If you would like to apply for a role, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Salary Band: £22,000 – £26,000 per annum
Reporting to: Head Brewer
Hours: 37.5 per week
Shift Pattern: 5 shifts per week, Monday to Friday, though we are exploring a change to shift work on a 4-on-4-off basis.
SEVEN BRO7HERS are a rapidly growing craft brewer in Salford, Manchester. Since opening our doors in 2014, the team here at SEVENBRO7HERS have gone from strength to strength and have developed into a close-knit team working together to create a family environment for one another and for everyone who walks through our doors.
We are looking for a creative and experienced brewer to join the SEVEN BRO7HERS team as a Production Brewer and Packaging Assistant. In this role, you will be tasked with producing clean, consistent beer and maintaining a high standard of cleanliness on the brewery floor. You will uphold the quality, brand consistency, and sanitary standards to make exceptional beer from intake of raw ingredients all the way through to packaging finished product. We are looking to departmentalise responsibilities across the brew floor, giving a chance for the successful candidate to explore different pathways within the brewing industry.
This role requires close coordination with the rest of the brew team working on an AM-PM shift pattern. Basic understanding the science of brewing, yeast management, off flavours, and cleaning and sanitation. To be successful, you will need to be a creative thinker and problem solver who really geeks out on craft beer!
In return, you will be part of a team of people working together to achieve the same goal. 28 days holiday, employee share option, a pension with the People’s pension and a weekly beer allowance. We offer the opportunity to progress professionally with options to embark on professional qualification training and the chance to attend some of the best beer events there are.
Role and responsibilities
- Maintaining cleanliness standards
- Proper handling of raw ingredients and packaging materials
- Preparing/completing wort production
- Monitoring/completing fermentation
- Monitoring/completing cellaring
- Preparing/completing packaging and storing/warehousing finished beer
Knowledge and Skill
- Minimum 12 months experience in brewing *or* brewery experience and relevant certifications/diplomas.
- Ability to maintain output and standards, even when unsupervised.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Interpersonal and motivational skills required.
- Strong candidates will have a background in brewing science or related field.
- Position requires good time management.
- Must be able to multi-task and stay focused on objectives.
- Need to be able to lift 60 Kgs throughout the shift.
- Lifting hoses, pumps, buckets of liquid, hops and malt are daily requirements of the position.
Decision making and responsibilities
- Must be able to make decisions regarding processing of wort and beer to protect the quality of the product.
- Should ask Head Brewer/Technical Lead Brewer for direction when needed.
Relationships and work environment
- The work environment is a partly self-managed position with daily duties set by the Head Brewer, to whom you shall report.
- Good interaction and communication with other departments should happen daily.
Code of Conduct:
SEVEN BRO7HERS expects all its members of staff to adhere to standards of processes, procedures, and code of conduct. Specifically: – Working on multiple work streams to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail– Demonstrating the company ethos and approach to partners and contacts through your professionalism, knowledge and enthusiasm– Protecting and promoting the organisation’s values by keeping critical information confidential; – Being a team player and contributing to the SEVEN BRO7HERS values and ethos. In return, we are committed to respecting and valuing all staff, achieving a good work/life balance, giving staff the space to learn and grow alongside the brewery and ensuring all staff play a role in developing and delivering our vision and plans.